It started with autism burnout.
I couldn’t go through the motions anymore. The life I built for myself was all under the guise of an autistic mask. My priorities changed tremendously once I dropped the autistic mask. Fulfilling my needs meant stimming throughout the day, reducing my obligations, and not working on Sundays. The neurodivergent mask no longer fit.
Neither did returning to the workplace and compromising everything that nourishes my soul.
You know what did nourish my soul, though?
I don’t know how to live life as an autistic person quietly anymore. I don’t know how camouflage my autism anymore, so I can “just put up with” that which forces me to put my well-being second.
So I quit my job and started freelancing full-time. 👀👀
I don’t recommend doing that cold turkey. Don’t take it as inspiration. It’s just what I did. I needed to put myself first, or there wasn’t going to be a me. I didn’t know how to articulate that to non-autistic people.
What I needed to do in order to ensure my well-being was not an acceptable act of self-care, but it’s by far been one of the best choices I’ve ever made.
- I am a dissociative identity disorder system.
- Being your dream gal is not one of my aspirations.
- My cat’s name is Galaxy Andromeda Lively.
- Most of my long-form content = infodumps.
- I shred my own cheese! It tastes better.
About XO, IZZY
- I love short domains. I also registered izzy.im and
- Memorable domain. I can change the actual name of the blog anytime if I wish.
- Gender-neutral domain, as opposed to
- 4th time my good friend, Georgie, has designed my blog
- Licensed handwritten font (affiliate link): Just One
- Avatars: nyurei’s avatar creator
- Graphics: Canva, some hand drawn with my stylus in an app
- Non-credited image sources include Pexels, Sexual Alpha and She Bold Stock, if not my own.
- Plugins that help my blog function include Classic Editor, Site Kit by Google, ManageWP and Ultimate Book Blogger (affiliate link).